Sunday 15 December 2013

The Christmas Boulder


I’m home! For Christmas anyway, and again can’t seem to get climbing out of my head for one minute! I live in Norfolk and as such lack any kind of rock to climb, and you will even be hard pushed to find a centre. I live on a farm in the fens, which is probably the most out of the way of rock climbing you can get! But, that doesn’t mean I won’t try and find some! What? You say, well our farm buildings are very old, and the bricks that make up the office wall are half chipped out, hollowed if you will, and it is an amazing boulder (buildering) project, for the rock starved Christmas holiday’s! I have managed the first two moves with the second being a rather trusting dynamic move that requires a lot of finger strength and some gnarly balancing but still have a long way to go, which is perfect! I will try and film myself climbing it and put up an edited film in the near future! I am going to make a bold statement and say that it is close to that of a 7b+ with the wall in terrible condition, a wire brush is needed to chip away years of decay. I am currently sitting on £0.98 which is a small fortune...I need to work. Many hours of thought sitting in a tractor will have this route sorted out by the time I leave for new years! Blog soon!

 

Joss

No comments:

Post a Comment